JNTO to launch “Your Japan 2020” campaign ― Your Japan. Your 2020. Your Way.
In 2020, the Japan National Tourism Organization (JNTO) is kicking off the “Your Japan 2020” campaign to provide special experiences and great deals to international visitors on an unprecedented scale.
2020 is the year that the Olympic and Paralympic Games will be held in Japan, and throughout the year, every corner of the country will be filled with a festive atmosphere. To share this buoyant mood with international visitors, the campaign offers memorable experiences and deals nationwide, including exclusive public openings, Japan-first special events, free air tickets to local areas, and large discounts.
International visitors to Japan can expect a wide range of unique experiences only available in 2020, in every season and all over the country.
JNTO messages to international visitors: “2020 is a great year to visit Japan and for you to find Your Japan, Your Way.” Now is the time to visit Japan.
The campaign period will be from January 1 to December 31, 2020.
What’s on offer in 2020:
- Many opportunities for free domestic flights and unprecedented discounts on both international and domestic flights.
- Amazing deals and fun shopping experiences with special events and benefits at more than 1,000 stores.
- Smoother travel. Enjoy the freedom and luxury of “hands-free” travel with half-price luggage storage and delivery services.
- New opportunities to get hands-on. Plenty of experiences, such as cooking classes for foodies and washoku-lovers.
- 2020 redesigns. Pokémon and other popular characters reenergized for 2020.
- Sapporo Kokusai Ski Resort (Hokkaido): For sightseeing, fun in the snow, and skiing head to the largest ski resort in the Sapporo area!
- Hakusan Ichirino Onsen Ski Resort (Ishikawa): Enjoy a free lift pass for the day at this ski resort and relax in a hot spring.
- A stay at Ozu Castle (Ehime): Experience a night in a Japanese castle from April 2020.
- Must-see tour for history lovers (Chubu): Visit tourist sites steeped in the traditions of samurai and ninja at a half price.
- Special Exhibition (Kansai): The Thirty-three Pilgrimage Sites of Western Japan – a public exhibition of national treasures to mark the 1,300th anniversary of the sites’ founding.
- Tohoku summer festivals (Tohoku): Experience large, traditional and exciting festivals.
- The latest adventure travel program experience (Hokkaido): Your nature and outdoor guides will provide you with unique outdoor experiences.
- Savor Japan campaign (Across Japan): Experience countryside stays and authentic Japanese food.
- Special tour of Iya Valley (Tokushima): A remote and hidden gem, this tour is conducted by Alex Kerran Eastern culture researcher and noted author.
- Awaji Flower Festival 20th Anniversary (Hyogo): Flower, greenery fair and food culture.
- Japan Cultural Expo programs: A series of culture and art festivals held all over Japan (details coming soon).