About Global Entrepreneurship Week
- 7th year
- 140 countries
- 10,000 partners
- 20,000 events, activities and competitions
- 7.5 million participants
- Global Entrepreneurship Week is the world’s largest celebration of the innovators and job creators who launch startups that bring ideas to life, drive economic growth and expand human welfare.
- During one week each November, GEW inspires people everywhere through local, national and global activities designed to help them explore their potential as self-starters and innovators.
- These activities, from large-scale competitions and events to intimate networking gatherings, connect participants to potential collaborators, mentors and even investors—introducing them to new possibilities and exciting opportunities.
- Millions who had never before considered launching their own ventures soak up advice and inspiration from the likes of Richard Branson, Michael Dell and Muhammad Yunus.
- Thousands of brand new startups spring to life through bootcamps like Startup Weekend and competitions like Startup Open.
- Hundreds of universities strengthen connections that help them commercialize research from their labs.
- Researchers and policymakers engage in discussions around the world to examine the underlying policies necessary to promote entrepreneurial growth.
- And serial entrepreneurs share their expertise through activities like EO24, run by the Entrepreneurs’ Organization, and practical training courses like FastTrac.
- Meanwhile, world leaders and local elected officials alike have embraced the campaign as they look to fuel the economic engine of high-growth startups in their own countries and communities.
- During 2012 alone, presidents and prime ministers from 20 countries supported Global Entrepreneurship Week while 93 ministers from 54 countries participated by speaking at activities during the Week, filming statements of support or otherwise endorsing the national campaigns in their countries.
- GEW is more than just an awareness campaign. It is a platform for connection and collaboration—engaging all players along the entrepreneurship spectrum in strengthening ecosystems around the world.
This year is the third year that Palestine joins this global celebration.
We have organized over 50 activities and brought together over 50 partners, many of whom are working together for the first time.
Activities range from competitions, showcases, StartUp Weekend, AngelHack, panel discussions, workshops and training.
This week, Palestine joins an additional 164 countries in organizing over 20,000 events, incorporating over 10,000 partners and nearly 7.5 million participants
Join us! Visit psgew.co for information on all our activities, partners and supporters. Join us on Facebook on GEWPalestine and follow us on Twitter also on GEWPalestine